Dec 18, 2020
The completion of the Endocarditis for the Rheumatologist
trilogy! This episode focuses on the glomerulonephritis of
endocarditis as well as the immunologic abnormalities you can see
Brought to you by GSK. Consider the long-term impact of
disease activity flares and corticosteroid use on patients with
active SLE. Learn more now at
- Intro :11
- In this episode :22
- Recap of previous episodes :39
- About episode three 1:00
- How labs can give a clue to endocarditis being a culprit
- The immune complex nature of infective endocarditis
- How do you measure immune complex?
- What are the effects of immune complex formation on the organ
Brought to you by GSK. Considering a treatment change for
patients with active SLE? Learn about a treatment option for your
patients at treatfortodayandtomorrow.com.
- Cryoglobulins and rheumatoid factor in infective endocarditis
- The kidneys and infective endocarditis
- Glomerulonephritis and infective endocarditis
- ANCA-positive vasculitis and infective endocarditis
- A summary of infective endocarditis
- Takeaways 33:28
- A preview of next episode 33:48
- Conclusion 34:12
Disclosure: Brown reports no relevant financial
We’d love to hear from you! Send your comments/questions to Dr.
Brown at email@example.com.
Follow us on Twitter @HRheuminations @AdamJBrownMD @HealioRheum
Bayer AS, et
al. N Engl J Med. 1976;295:1500-1505.
Boils CL, et
al. Kidney Int. 2015;87:1241-1249.
Forte WC, et
al. Arq Bras Cardiol. 2001;76:43-52.
Hurwitz D, et al. Clin Exp Immunol.
et al. Medicine (Baltimore). 2016;95:e2564.
Levy RL, Hong
R. Am J Med. 1973;54:645-652.
Ma T-T, et al. PLoS One. 2014;9: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0097843.
Messias-Reason IL, et
al. Clin Exp Immunol. 2002;127:310-315.
RG. N Engl J Med. 1976;295:1534-1535.
King DW. Ann Intern Med. 1952;36:1086-1089.
RC, Kunkel HG. J Clin Invest. 1962;41:666-675.
Tire squealing sound effect by Mike Koenig.